Another Dresser and Nightstand Set

This one is for myself. As my DH finished the furniture for our bedroom, I wanted something nice to dress it up, and the beautiful lace from “S-Embroideries” was just the right choice for me.

They just stitch out perfectly.

The dresser runner is further enhanced with a tone on tone design by “HIA” from the Delicate Linen Set 2.

I’m very pleased with the outcome – I’m enjoying it everyday anew.

Dresser and Night Stand Set

When my son Uli got his new bedroom furniture he asked me for a dresser and night stand set.

I showed him different designs and he ended up wanting the one I had made in our Pfaff club class, he liked the design and also the finish on the border.

He was very pleased with the outcome. It is a Pfaff design and I used the wing needle and a stitch in the CV machine to make the border.

I had learned a special technique for a perfectly mitered corner from Cathy, my Pfaff dealer, and I was amazed how easy and fast it is to have perfect results every time.

A Table Topper for a Friend

My friend was constantly in awe with my lace projects, so I offered her to make something for her new dining room set.

She gave me the fabric and we selected the Battenburg lace by AS-Embroidery. We both like the outcome a lot.

Soon I will be adding a runner for her side board. I have stitched the lace already, and will  soon be sewing  it to the fabric…

A Mega Job, Done!

Pfew! That was quite a marathon, joining three separate panels with an heirloom cutwork design, and I must say: I’m very pleased with the outcome.

I made two duvet covers the same way. The back side is just one flat piece. Now I will be working on some pillow cases with the same design, to finish off my set…

It was quite a challenge to figure out how to go about this job. But as always, I like challenges and in the end I am very satisfied with the result.

Embroidered Necklines, Part 2

Having received a few requests on how I did the neckline, I put together this short guide:

I started by taking off the small band around the neck, being careful not to stretch the knit (it was not a V-neck but a round one and quite close to the throat and I did not like that). I cut the stitches so I wouldn’t loose too much of the fabric.

Then I ironed with lots and lots of starch. And now came the tricky part: the templates. I guess I printed at least 20 of them until I was satisfied with the neckline.

From there on it was easy.

I hooped a wash-away and then stitched a placement line (I used the first line that is in the applique design straight on the hooped stabilizer). That way I know exactly where the design is going to be stitched. Then I pinned the T-shirt in place. I repeated the first line again, then stitched the second line and then cut what needs to be cut away. Finally, I replaced the hoop and finished the embroidery.

That’s all. It’s almost the same as applique, just with a little twist. 🙂

I had this idea for quite some time but never got around to do it. But when I got the Applique Hibiscus designs (by Allsorts of Embroidery) I knew it would look good.

I did the whole thing in three hoopings, but I had to babysit the machine for the whole process, holding the T-shirt so it would be stitched in the right place, and not suddenly start to make a big mess. LOL

I hope this makes sense to you. If you have any further questions, just ask.

Laces, Laces, Laces…

I just love laces!  A while ago I was offered a class in heirloom sewing by my Pfaff dealer, as she knows about my passion.

Of course I could not resist and so I spent a very nice day. We used a lot of our different feet, and got to know many new ways to use them for lots and lots of different stitches.

We made a lingerie bag to have a project where we could use all that we were learning. I embellished mine with little lace flowers that I already had made earlier.

All in all it was a very nice experience.

I’m embroidering laces on my machine all the time.

I made one lace in the endless hoop that was supposed to be done in cotton thread #30, but I had only #40 at home, so I used that one instead.

I was not overly excited by the outcome, as I found it too coarse.

So I went right back and did it again this time with poly #60 and that is very much to my liking.

Embroidered Necklines

Using applique designs as cutwork to shape a neckline was a lot of work in software but the outcome was well worth it.

I used the Applique Hibiscus design from Allsorts of Embroidery to create the neckline for a T-shirt.

The blue one was the trial piece and I liked it, so I moved right on, to the real thing.

I think it turned out really nice.